|Posted by Ziad Hamoui on December 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM|
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) in Ghana - Tema branch, in collaboration with Corporate Initiative Ghana (CIG), held its first-ever annual awards event, the "CILT 2011 Logistics Excellence Awards", which awarded the leading organizations and individuals in Tema for their outstanding performance during the year 2011.
The prestigious award was themed "Driving Efficiency to Improve the Capacity of Ghana's Ports" and took place at the GPHA towers' 10th floor AMBAR restaurant, in a relaxed and jovial atmosphere that was attended by high level representatives of the shipping and logistics authorities, as well as various individuals and organization representatives.
Following general remarks from the organizing committee, the institute's branch president, the acting director general of Tema port and the manager of port operations at Meridian Port Services, the maiden awards were handed out as follows:
1. Terminal Supervisor of the Year: SAMUEL BUOBU
2. Customs Officer of the Year 2011 – Junior Staff
MR. STEPHEN APPIAH: (COLLECTING ASSISTANT III WAREHOUSING)
3. Customs Officer of the Year 2011 – Senior Staff
MR. EBENEZER ACQUAH – BENTIL (ASSISTANT COLLECTOR, POLICY & PROGRAMS )
4. The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Member of the Year 2011:(
MR. LACKSON A. LEGAH
5. Transitor of the Year 2011 – Niger: ETS NIGER COMMERCE
6. Transitor of the Year 2011 – Burkina Faso: ETABLISSEMENTS TIENDREBEOGO SAIDOU
7. Container Freight Station of the Year: CONSOLIDATED SHIPPING AGENCIES LIMITED
8. Inland Container Depot of the Year: AFRICAN COASTAL SERVICES
9. Stevedore Company of the Year 2011: GOLDEN GATE STEVEDORING COMPANY LIMITED
10. Customs House Agent of the Year: PANALPINA GHANA LIMITED
11. Freight Forwarding Company of the Year 2011: ALLSHIP GHANA LIMITED
12. Shipper of the Year 2011: OLAM GHANA LIMITED
13. Logistics and Transport Personality of the Year 2011: MR. MACDONALD CHIMANDAS VASNANI
(a detailed list can be downloaded by clicking here)
CILT Tema would like to congratulate all winners for their outstanding performance and would like to assure its members and supporters that the upcoming edition of the excellence awards will be even bigger and will raise the bar even higher, both in terms of the event organization and the award criterion, in order to encourage competitiveness on the national scale. See you all next year.